Prof Yemi Osinbajo inaugurates the ASC's new International Advisory Board with a lecture on 'The Challenges of Human Development in 21st Century Africa'.
On 12 October 2018, the African Studies Centre inaugurated an International Advisory Board to further links between the Centre, and institutions and organizations on the continent. As part of the event, Nigerian Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, delivered the lecture recorded here. We very much look forward to working with members of the Board (listed below) in the future to further grow the Centre!
- Mr Tito Mboweni – Finance Minister, South Africa
- Madame Monica Geingos – Lawyer and First Lady of the Republic of Namibia
- Mr Gareth Ackerman – Chairman, Pick’n Pay, South Africa
- Dr Charlotte Scott – Former First Lady of Zambia
- Governor Nasir El-Rufai – Governor of Kaduna State, Nigeria
- Ms Linda Mabhena-Olagunju – Founder and Managing Director, DLO Energy Group (Pty) Ltd, South Africa
- Mr Alex Duncan – Development economist and Director, Policy Practice, UK
- Mr Ivor Agyeman-Duah – Economist and author, Accra, Ghana
- Prof Ibrahim Gambari – Former UN Under-Secretary for Political Affairs; former Nigerian External Affairs Minister